Functions undertaken by the organisation
Gorona del Viento El Hierro S.A. is the company responsible for the running, operation and maintenance of El Hierro’s “Wind-Pumped Hydro Power Station”. The purpose of the facility is to supply El Hierro, the Meridian Island, with electrical energy derived from clean renewable sources such as water and wind.
The company’s aims are:
- To analyse, develop, support, construct, operate and maintain wind-pumped hydro power stations to produce electrical energy using the existing range of renewable energy sources.
- To promote the use of electric cars on the island of El Hierro, and to install and manage recharging points for such vehicles.
- To organise and conduct guided tours, which may be of a technical or purely informative nature, of El Hierro’s Wind-Pumped Hydro Power Station.
- To develop all kinds of training and dissemination activities in relation to the El Hierro Wind-Pumped Hydro Power Station, along with other activities within the remit of this Company.
- To undertake and support any research and development work in relation to clean energy.
Last update 03/31/2020.